Thursday, December 10, 2015

Last post- Reflection

Before starting this class, I was completely oblivious to the importance of technology in society and our classrooms. This was my first education course and it served as a nice jump start to the education world. It was extremely convenient that the professor was attentive to all of her classmates and was constantly providing feedback. This course was rigorous but I definitely had a great experience and there was many great outcomes.

I found the importance of personal reflection and I see how often it is used in this field. To provide good feedback to your students, you need to reflect on your own work to provide the best feedback. The chapter reflection posts that we published to Blogger was a creative, fun, and easy way to go over a chapter (because who reads chapters anyway?) We were required to reflect on our opinions and what we would do in the classroom. This allowed us to tap into our creative side and determine what steps we would take as a teacher. I think it’s important to reflect so we can prepare to immerse ourselves into these situations. I also like that the book used real-life situations from a teacher’s point of view.  

My favorite assignment was the WebQuest project. Even though the WebQuest was made for my hypothetical classroom, I felt like I was on the adventure myself. I learned so much from that assignment and can see why students are so easily engaged with that assignment. This assignment is one that I will use in the future. Another favorite assignment was the E-portfolio. The portfolio required a lot, and I could test my tech skills.

Although I could have completed a Podcast for a Blogger post, it seemed like a lot of work. I would have like to see an assignment requiring you to complete a podcast. A podcast assignment could be to introduce yourself with a mini-biography. This assignment would serve as an ice-breaker as well.


This class definitely exceeded my expectations. I went into this class not-so-confident about using different technology tools and media. I am much more confident and prepared to build from the tech skills I have attained through this course. The professor let us know what her expectations were and helped us achieve them. I got a lot from this course and would recommend it to anyone interested in this profession.




Resources: 

Alaimo, Avery (4 December, 2015.) E-Portfolio. Made with http://msalaimoeme.weebly.com/

Alaimo, Avery (15 December, 2015.) WebQuest. Made with http://zunal.com/webquest.php?

   w=302251



(croughs nest tumblr)

1 comment:

  1. Great idea about doing a podcast - I really struggle with how much to require with specifics versus allowing student choice. I think if I provide more examples of how those different tools could be used I would get students to try them, but either way, I acknowledge the 'time suck' that it can take to learn. Thanks for your comment and also your reflections on your learning. You have a solid foundation in the educational technology content and skills that will springboard you in other education classes and in your own future classroom, too. Technology will continue to change so you'll want to continue to keep your eyes open for more opportunities for learning! :)

    ReplyDelete